Ottawa Area Locations
GET FIT, HAVE FUN! Join FITMOM Today!
WESTBORO BEACH FITWOMAN IS BACK!
A special 12 week session that runs from May 15th to July 31st. Register before the first class for $28 off the regular price. After May 15th the cost will be $14 + HST per class (prorated to the end of the session).
$140.00 + HST, before May 15th
FITWOMAN Bootcamp Classes are Going Outside!
Come join us for one of four FITWOMAN Bootcamp classes:
Mondays at Rockcliffe Park 8:00 - 9:00 pm (beginning May 27th)
Wednesdays at Westboro Beach 7:30 - 8:30 pm (beginning May 15th)
Thursdays at Windsor Park 8:00 - 9:00 pm (beginning May 23rd)
Fridays at Windsor Park 9:30 - 10:30 am (beginning May 3rd)
This means that the FITWOMAN indoor classes will take a break until the fall.
The current FITMOM 2B Session will end on May 16th. Indoor classes will resume on September 5, 2013. Registrations for the rest of the session will be prorated based on the number of classes remaining in the session.
All FITMOM and FITWOMAN classes will take a break for the month of August, but will return on September 3rd, ready to take on the fall!
Be the first to know about FITMOM Ottawa News!
Read FITMOM Ottawa's blog
Sign up for the FITMOM Ottawa Newsletter
and like us on FACEBOOK
CanFitPro - Certified Personal Trainer Specialist and Certified Pre & Post Natal Fitness Specialist
PHONE: (613) 617-4537
Susan is the proud owner of FITMOM Ottawa, helping women feel good about their bodies both during and after pregnancy. She feels successful when women leave her classes not only feeling healthy and strong, but also like they’ve joined a new community of women who will support each other no matter what.
Training pregnant women, new moms and veteran moms keeps Susan feeling young and positive. In fact, she often refers to the corporate job she left behind as her “real job”, since running FITMOM is so much more fun!
Classes offered by FITMOM Ottawa
FITMOM 2 B: This is a class to help women stay active and healthy during pregnancy. The FITMOM 2 B class focuses on increasing muscular strength, cardiovascular endurance and core stability, helping you feel more energetic and strong throughout your pregnancy.
FITMOM and Baby: This class is an indoor workout for you and your baby. New moms use baby carriers to wear their babies and work to improve strength, cardiovascular fitness, balance and flexibility. This program will help you lose your baby weight, bond with your baby and meet other new moms. As your baby grows, it will provide you with more resistance, making your workout more challenging! Please bring a structured baby carrier (front carrier for younger babies and back carrier for older babies) to this class.
FITWOMAN Bootcamp: This is a challenging workout for women who want to workout without their little ones. This class works to maximize your metabolism by combining various strength and cardiovascular techniques. Women can expect to increase lean muscle, improve cardiovascular endurance and reduce stress. Modifications are provided to accommodate beginner to advanced fitness levels.
FITMOM Stroller Strength: This is an outdoor class that is designed to help you lose weight, gain strength and develop your core. The class is a circuit program designed to accommodate all fitness levels, so that you can work at your own pace, while building strength, stamina and lean muscle. A variety of cardiovascular and resistance exercises are completed each week to help you improve your fitness levels. Coming back in the spring!
Please Note: When you register online for a class, you will receive an automated email with a registration number. Within 24 hours, you will receive a detailed email confirming the class you have registered for, your session dates and the amount due. If you do not receive the second email, please forward your registration number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
FITMOM Ottawa Class Locations
OTTAWA WEST – Soloway Jewish Community Centre:
21 Nadolny Sachs Private (Maitland and Carling area)
The class is held in the aerobics studio, through the doors on the left of the entrance and just past the workout room. If you are not a member at the JCC, you will need to sign in at the front desk and provide a piece of photo ID (driver's license or passport).
OTTAWA WEST - Westboro Beach/Kitchissippi Lookout:
On the north side of the Ottawa River Parkway between Island Park and Woodroffe. Look for the Kitchissippi Lookout sign for the turnoff. We meet at the end of the parking lot, approaching the beach.
OLD OTTAWA SOUTH – Southminster United Church:
7 Galt Street (Bank and Alymer)
Please use the Galt Street entrance to the church.
Thursday night classes (FITMOM 2B & FITWOMAN Bootcamp) are held in the Ladies Parlour upstairs and to the right.
Tuesday morning (FITMOM & Baby) and Friday morning (FITWOMAN Bootcamp) classes are held in the large auditorium downstairs.
OLD OTTAWA SOUTH - Windsor Park
Access via Windsor Ave, off of Riverdale. There is a parking lot at the end of Windsor Ave and we meet in the clearing surrounded by trees, to the north of the parking lot.
NEW EDINBURGH - Crichton Cultural Community Centre:
MacKay United Church - Memorial Hall (MacKay and Dufferin)
39 Dufferin Road - Please enter Memorial Hall via the double doors closest to Avon Lane.
The Rockcliffe Park turnoff is located off the Rockcliffe Parkway, just east of the Governor General's House. We meet in the first parking lot. There is additional parking on the street, just past the parking lot, or on Lisgar Ave, just before the Rockcliffe Park turnoff on the Rockcliffe Parkway.
WESTBORO BEACH/KITCHISSIPPI LOOKOUT
We meet in the parking lot to the left as you enter Westboro Beach via the Kitchissippi Lookout sign from the Ottawa River Parkway. You can also park in Westboro and use the pathway under the Ottawa River Parkway to get to the beach.
FITMOM 2B, FITMOM & Baby and Evening FITWOMAN Bootcamp
$168 + HST
Expires 16 weeks after first class
Our pricing policy takes into consideration that FITMOMs lead busy lives and may not always be able to make it to their regular class. Below are some alternatives to give FITMOMs some additional flexibility:
- You can come to any class/location offered during the 10 or 16 week time period you’ve purchased
- You can renew once you’ve completed all of your classes or at the end of 10/16 weeks, whichever is earlier
- If your regularly scheduled class falls on a Statutory holiday, your time period will be extended by one week
- You just need to notify FITMOM Ottawa if you are going to miss one of your regularly scheduled classes or if you are going to join a class that is not your regular class
Friday morning FITWOMAN Bootcamp Classes
$100 + HST
One class per week (10 classes)
Expires 12 weeks after first class
- Friday morning class registrations include one make up class only
- Friday morning class registrations are not transferrable to other classes or locations
- If your regularly scheduled class falls on a Statutory holiday, your time period will be extended by one week
- Refunds must be requested prior to your first class
- A $25 administrative fee (plus HST) will be charged on all refunds
- Any unused missed classes are not refundable
If you are unable to continue with classes because your doctor has asked you to stop exercising or you deliver your baby, you may transfer your unused classes to any FITMOM and Baby or FITWOMAN session. You will be able to take advantage of your unused FITMOM 2B classes for up to 6 months after your baby is born.
FITMOM Personal Training
Are you looking to start a new exercise regime? Or, do you want to take your fitness to the next level? Or, are you looking for some fresh, new ideas to spice up your workout? Or, maybe you just want to workout at a time that's convenient for you?
If any of these apply to you, then private personal training sessions may be the answer for you. All personal training sessions are customized to help you successfully achieve your fitness goals. Personal training sessions can be completed in the comfort of your own home using very little equipment.
Call or email for more details!
FITMOM Ottawa's Referral Program
Bring a friend to any FITMOM or FITWOMAN class and if your friend registers for a 12 week session, FITMOM will add a class to the end of your session!
Why do Moms love FITMOM?
"I love the Fitmom+Baby class because it provides me with a challenging workout every week in a warm and friendly atmosphere. I also love that I can workout with my baby in his carrier or let him play on a mat right beside me. Oh, and the music is always fun and upbeat!" Maria - FITMOM & Baby classes
"Completed my first FITMOM and baby class today! Loved the class and the fact I can bring baby Kaitlyn right in with me. Awesome workout, feeling great. Already looking forward to next week :)" Karen - FITMOM & Baby Classes
"I love FITMOM because it gave me the opportunity to meet women and mothers that I now call my community:)" Yael - FITWOMAN Bootcamp, FITMOM 2B and FITMOM & Baby Classes
Top 5 Reasons to Join FITMOM 2B
1. Boost energy levels: Most women experience fatigue at various times during their pregnancy. Engaging in physical activity 3-5 times per week will actually give you more energy to perform daily tasks and will help you sleep better at night!
2. Reduce common pregnancy discomforts like backache: Strengthening your core muscles will greatly reduce, if not eliminate completely, common back pain experienced by most women during pregnancy.
3. Tone your body: Just because you're pregnant doesn’t mean you can’t have an improved body shape. By increasing lean muscle tissue, you are preparing your body to get back to your pre-pregnancy shape more easily.
4. Reduce your risk of having a Cesarean Section: Studies show that when women are physically active they greatly reduce their chances of having a C-Section.
5. Have an easier labour! Regular exercise helps facilitate the labour process. Women who are physically fit have better strength and stamina to endure the physical demands of labour.
Top 5 Reasons to Join FITMOM and Baby
1. Improve your sleep: Sleep deprivation is a real problem for many moms since waking frequently during the night with a baby is normal. Although working out with your baby doesn’t guarantee a night of uninterrupted sleep, exercise can help you sleep more deeply when you get it. You will also find you have more energy throughout the day.
2. Bond with your baby: Babies who are in close contact with their moms tend to cry less, sleep better and breastfeed more consistently. Wearing your baby during exercise helps them interact and socialize with the world.
3. Have a social life: Women who get out, meet other moms and engage with their community, report having more fun and enjoying the 1st year of their baby’s life even more. Having an active social life can also help reduce the number and intensity of reported post partum mood disorders. Making connections with other moms, sharing parenting advice, discussing challenges and getting support from other women are other benefits of joining the class. You never know who you’ll meet at a FITMOM™ Class!
4. Reduce ‘Mommy Guilt’: The most common reason moms don’t workout in the post-partum period is because they don’t want to leave their babies with an unknown caregiver. FITMOM™ classes are designed to incorporate your baby into the routine WITHOUT compromising your workout, making your exercise time guilt free, fun and effective.
5. Improve Fitness Levels: Ask any of the 10,000 women trained by FITMOM™ coaches and many of them will tell you that their fitness levels improved AFTER having their baby. Classes are designed to meet the unique physical needs of women during the post partum period so that you can increase your level of cardiovascular fitness, strengthen your core and improve your strength and flexibility.
FITMOM Ottawa is on Facebook